Re: [IP] Jen's very crappy day and traveling to Russia

> Back in the dark ages, before insulin, the life
> expectancy of a person with Type 1 was a year
> to year and a half max.
I would think that longevity would be tied to the
honeymoon period.  If you're still producing a little
bit of insulin for a year to a year and a half that
might be enough to get you by.  Then once your pancreas
gave out for good... bye bye birdie...

My personal record on going without insulin (post
honeymoon) is a week and I was in NO mood to survive on
my own power by that point.  Pure hospitalization time.

-Sara G.