[IP] Re: CGMS explanation

I (Jan & Bluda Sue) wrote:
> > Funny how we don't know we are in the dark ages until much later.
> > Someday newbies won't know how we got along without the updated CGMS
> units.
> > Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM 507C 3/99)
> > http://maxpages.com/bludasue

CGMS = Continuous Glucose Monitoring System. It is worn pump style and can
be obtained only through the doctor's office at the present time. It checks
one's BGs every 15-20 minutes or so and records it so dr. can get a readout
after the three-day lifetime of the strip. This is new on the market but
someday this will be considered *back in the olden days.*  It's sort of like
cars that used to be cranked to be started and had one windshield wiper. Now
they are automatic and have cruise control. etc., etc., etc., etc.  Hope
this helps. A couple of people on this list have actually used them and can
tell more about it.
http://maxpages.com/bludasue