[IP] Another fit

Marilyn writes: He would wake up with a loud wail (a sound no parent wants
to ever hear) and his
body would be jerking. We always managed to get him to drink juice, instant
glucose... I never checked his sugar because I knew it was low.  From what
the endo told us, they are scared because they probably had a nightmare
during sleep because of the low, then they wake up to a new nightmare. Once,
after he had a box of juice and 2 tubes of instant glucose, he passed out for
about a minute, then woke up fine.  My son still remembers it and now he is
14.  My theory is that they could still be making their own insulin,
toddlerhood is extremely brittle, and they need to be kept higher.  What
worked for us is giving him a snack of 2 carbs and 4 oz. of milk at bedtime
the endo is probably wrong. seizures start with a cry or vocalization of
one sort or another. No onee will ever know since a siezure erases ones
memory and I have personal non recognition of mine on the NYC subway in
1967. I woke up sore and with a bitten tongue in Roosevelt hospital with no
ides of how I got there. The minute or two of lost consciousness is often
interpreted as sleep which EEG often confirms.