Re: [IP] Education-Type 2 (the most up to date wording of it)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barbara Bradley" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2000 7:56 PM
Subject: RE: [IP] Education-Type 2 (the most up to date wording of it)

> Natalie, when was this class? I have been a CDE for some time and
> heard that info as the standard!  I hope that whomever was teaching
> info has been updated. YIKES!

In 1998 I hade a "Diabetes education" class from Cigna taught by a
Health Educator, not a CDE. She insisted 150 fasting was excelent
control for all diabetics. I have in  1997 and 1998 had two internests
(former drs of mine) tell me 200 was very acceptable for fasting. As I
said former.

I even in 1998 had one Endo tell me he couldn't see why as a type II I
needed insulin, and felt it was a total waste of his valuable time to
discuss a pump with me.

My next endo saw a need for a pump (wide siwngs, even with a good A1c)
and within 3 months I was pumping with Secure Horizons paying 100%