[IP] Re: basal/boluses

In a message dated 8/25/00 12:00:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I have a technical question....when you give a bolus for a big meal, say =
 10 units and this takes about 5 minutes...does the basal get given for =
 that time as well?  for me, i actually take about 25 units for a meal and =
 my basal per hour is 3.5 (minimed) - so if basal isn't given during the =
 time it takes to get bolus, then about 1 to 2 units aren't being given.
 joni (pumping 4 months now!)
I was told you get them both if you happen to bolus at a scheduled basal
time.  Maybe it is different for different brands of pumps, I don't know.

    There's nothing stronger than gentleness.
                                              -- John Wooden