In a message dated 8/25/00 8:09:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< My question is how many people had a virus like the mumps before diagnosis?
 >  > > and do you have anymore autoimmune illnesses? I developed thyroid
 > problems

i devopled  diabetes  after  i was  on  steroids  for my asthma   but
diabetes  runs  strongly in my family  both parnets  and   both  grandmothers
 a  brother  and  sister   and  allof  dads   sisterand  brother   but   one
and  there  was  12 of  them   and  halfof  moms  and there   are  14 of
them so   i  knew  to  except it   and i   feel lucky that iwas  30  when i
became  diabetic  and someone  i worked  with a t the  tiem  told  me  that
is  what i ge t for  not  taking   care of myself  but ther   wa   a freind
there  and  said  what   do  you  expect    with the   kind of  family
history  she has  for    the  disease  and  the  person that  said  this to
me  is  diabetic   also   some  people   just have a lot of  nerve   louann