[IP] Re: Autoimmune response

I was diagnosed within 1 year of receiving all of the necessary shots
needed to travel to the mid east in the 1980's. I've always suspected
that this precipitated the onset of DM. What's more, the series of shots
was not spread out over the required time period due to an imenint
departure date so they gave me all the vaccines withi a 2-3 day
period......Big mistake I feel.......If I knew then what I know now I
wouldn't have taken the shots. I do feel an occaisional twinge of anger
at myself for doing it that way. I was 19 at the time and knew nothing
of DM or theories of its onset. Noone else in my family has DM. My
children have teseted negative for any DM related antibodies and I pray
that continues.

age 37, DM 1981, pump 1/00