Re: [IP] missaprils mumps

Speaking of mumps, my docs. thought my D might be linked to a mumps vaccine I
got when I was thirteen.  I was dx. when I was 17.  I was wondering if anyone
else out there has a problem with mumps...I've had mumps (in my mid-20's),
even though I have been immunized many times!  First, when I was 13, and
later for my work.  I'm a Pediatric RN, and my routine blood work for working
in Peds showed I was never able to develop immunity after the vaccine.  I was
hospitalized in my mid-20's with an awful case of mumps, but never developed
pancreatitis (? SP).  Even after that, I didn't develop immunity.  So
basically, whenever a kidlet came into the Peds, ER, with mumps, I ran as far
away as possible.

Go figure!