[IP] Basal during bolus & apology

> when you give a bolus for a big meal, say
> 10 units and this takes about 5 minutes...does the basal get given for
> that time as well?  for me, i actually take about 25 units for a meal and
> my basal per hour is 3.5 (minimed) - so if basal isn't given during the
> time it takes to get bolus, then about 1 to 2 units aren't being given.
> joni (pumping 4 months now!)

I have a MM 507C (as well as the 506 I had before) and it will interrupt
itself for a basal infusion. My pump takes 5 minutes to deliver 6 units. I
read someone said it's amazing how fast the Animas delivers. Well, if that's
so, I don't want one. I went through too much pain with fast delivery on my
first 2 pumps (CPI/Lilly - 9 years). I have a sensitive system and people
would tell
me they take 45u in shots. But, I'm getting 150u in 4-5 days at the same
site. so, don't worry about missed basals. If all else fails, call MiniMed
and ask the techs.

Someone else said they have a basal of 1.5u or something like that. Sounded
like one basal a day. On MDI, did all your injections amount to the same
quantity? That's why different basal rates need to be set.

APOLOGY:  Sometimes I will finish a digest before responding to a post to
see if someone else covered what I would/will say. I did that last time and
lo, and behold, I didn't put a subject on - left on DIGEST #XXX.  SORRY!!!!
I usually cut and paste a new message so I have to put on a subject.  ܰ