Re: [IP] Basal/boluses

In a message dated 8/25/00 3:52:56 PM !!!First Boot!!!, email @ redacted

<< I have a technical question....when you give a bolus for a big meal, say
10 units and this takes about 5 minutes...does the basal get given for that
time as well?  for me, i actually take about 25 units for a meal and my basal
per hour is 3.5 (minimed) - so if basal isn't given during the time it takes
to get bolus, then about 1 to 2 units aren't being given.
The basal is being given also, but the 3.5 is spread out over each hour.  Are
you really taking a basal of 3.5 per hour?  That seems high.