[IP] Re: Neuropathy, Tegretol Know longer working for pain??

Hi Sherree     I also suffer from neuropathy but it is in my abdomin!!  I
also take 200mg of Tegretol twice a day like you do!! But I also take 3600mg
of neurotin, And 50 mg of Amitriptyylene a day!!  I think why your pain is
getting worse is because your starting to build up a Tolerance to the
Tegretol!! Call you Neurologist and ask the nurse if you can drop your dose
down to just 100mg a day,And then bring it back up slowly to 200mg again!!
This will trick the brain into accepting the medication again as a new
Med.!!  Also ask about Lidocaine patches to place on your legs, They are
approx.5 inches By 6 inches And they work very well to relieve pain!!  These
methods have worked very well for me!!  I Hope this helps you!!  I know how
long it takes to get in with those neurologists and I know the pain you are
going through, You can also put capsacin cream on them to help ease the
pain!!  Take care C J   Lewiston,Maine :o)