[IP] Re: Neuropathy

Tregritol worked fine for me for a while too.  But then as it has for you,
it just stopped.  Next we tried Elavil, and while it worked after a month,
(it takes about that long to work), I didn't like the side effects.  I am
now taking Neurontin and pain pills.
In the mean time, you might go to the heath food store, and get yourself a
small bottle of Rosemary Oil, and one of Scotch Pine.  I know it sounds
crazy, and Aromatherapy is hardly an AMA santioned treatment, but I just put
a drop or two of each on a gauze pad in a little glass and hold them up to
my nose for a couple minutes, all evenging long, and the relief has been
amazing.  Might want to give it a try, it sure isn't gonna hurt anything.
~~~~~~~Original Messagge~~~~~~~~
Subject: [IP] RE:Neuropathy

I have a question for those of you out there that
suffer from Neuropathy, specifically in your feet. I
have had Neuropathy for the past 5 years (pumping
since June 30, 2000). I have had a few really bad
episodes, where the pain was so bad that it hurt to
walk. These episodes did pass, and I was put on
Tegretol 200 mg twice a day, which up until about 1
1/2 months ago seemed to work taking away the pain and
allowing me to walk and function like a normal person.

Now the medicine is not working, and I am even taking
pain pills at night. By the middle of the afternoon, I
can't even stand on my feet. I have called my doctor,
and he can't get me in till the end of September. Any
advice, or suggestions would be greatly welcomed.