[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #437

> Bob email @ redacted wrote:
> So we came out and I bolused 4 units for lunch and told the guy that I
> with(husband of a hopeful pumper) this will be a very good reading--I just
> feel it in my bones so I took the reading and it was a 275.  Then we
> to go and eat Chinese food--I said that won't be a problem-like any great
> pumper--no problem when you have the pump. Next I bolused 4 units  for the
lunch.  As it
> reached about 3 units it started to make the no delivery noise, so I just
> told him no problem again and bolused just 1 unit.  Well that didn't work
> when it reached .6 it said no delivery again.  So being the wise old one
> Ha) tried yet another bolus but this time I only tried .5 and that didn't
> even work.

What am I missing here? It sounds like you bolused 4 for lunch and hadn't
even decided where to eat yet. Then you again bolused 4 for lunch (well,
tried, but you didn't know yet that you had a problem). Do you normally
bolus that much that far ahead of time? Why? The first sounds like it
was before knowing you were 275 and it was a bolus for lunch, not a
correction. Is
there something newbies and oldies need to learn from double bolusing with
no food before us? I know, YMMV. ܰ