Re: [IP] Flu shots

Sherry Webb Nolan <email @ redacted> writes:
> Subject: [IP] To do...or not to do... Flu shots
> That seems to be the question...
> In my case I won't and I have pretty good reasons.  When I had the flu
> 5 years ago I got very sick from the flu about 3 weeks afterwards.   . :)

I too will skip the flu shot this year.
I had been getting the flu vaccine every year and feeling sick for two weeks
following.  Then three years ago  I got the flu again in December (flu shot
in October) and my endo asked me why I kept getting the shot since it kept
making me so sick every year.  He suggested the pneumonia vaccine since
pneumonia was more dangerous anyways and it only involved one shot for a
lifetime of protection.  Fortunately I did not react to the pneumonia
vaccine. Still, I get the "guilties" when the topic of flu shots crops up
just as as do when I don't fit a so called "normal" profile.  Hopefully I
will eventually get over that too!

Denise Guerin
Type 1 46 years