[IP] Re: Flu shot

For me personally, I do not get the flu shot.  I can
literally count the number of times I've the flu in my
life (I had it in 4th and 7th grades, and two years
ago).  Two years my internist and endo convinced me to
get the flu shot.  First off, I threw up for a day and
just felt under the weather for another after I got
the shot.  Then, 3 months later, I got the full blown
flu.  I was throwing up for 4 days and felt miserable
for over a week, and subsisted on sucking on frozen
ice cubes of Sprite (the kind with sugar).  I managed
to get through it at home (with Mom's TLC) due to the
frozen Sprite and being on the "poor man's pump" (I
took UL and then sliding scale of H).  Not fun.  My
endo and internist having witnessed the year before
"disaster", didn't pressure me when I refused the flu
shot this year.  And I didn't get it (although all 3
of my roommates who DID get the flu shot did get the
flu and were sick for extended periods of time, lots
and lots of people seemed to get the flu this year in
the "circle" I spend a lot of time with regardless to
whether they had the flu shot or not).  So, my
personal decision is to not get the flu shot.
However, for most people, I'm sure it is a good thing.

Do You Yahoo!?