Re: [IP] Better Control/Worsening Complications

Hi.  Sorry to hear that the retinopathy is not improving. However, I
respectfully disagree with your conclusions or perhaps your endos, regarding
worsening complications in the eyes in relationship to tighter control.
>From your post I gather that your transiton to pump was about 3 years ago
and that you had major complictions in your for the last 10 years. I suspect
that the deterioation  of your eyes currently may not be directly attributed
to the tighter control you are now achieving.

In the DCCT we (I was in the standard control group) found that; Yes
complications in the eyes did worsen slightly at the onset of tight (pump)
control.  However, this was a short term condition that reversed itself over
time (6 to 12 months).

FYI the DCCT was rolled over into the EDIC, and they are still tracking all
of us and keeping a close watch on our vision.   I can only imagine your
frustration at the moment. I must congratulate you on your determination to
survive this set back and willingness to share your experience.