Re: [IP] The Newbie's Tales of Set Changes

In a message dated 8/24/00 5:58:49 PM !!!First Boot!!!, email @ redacted

<< Ok,  I have been on the pump since June 2000 and I am having
 some problems with my MicroSets (the smaller SoftSet) coming off
 when I sweat a lot.  My "normal" routine is to use IV Prep, put done
 an IV 3000 (have also tried polyskin & tegaderm), insert the MicroSet,
 put the MM tape over it.
 Last night I played basketball and before half time it was coming
 loose.  Any suggestions?  Oh yeah, I have also tried putting down a
 little Tincture of Benzoin before I put on the IV 3000 and it only
 seems to marginally help.
My 14 year old son had a problem with that too and this is what has helped,
although not always foolproof!
 1. IV Prep or Skin Prep, let dry
 2.  Dab with a q-tip some tincture of benzoin or Mastisol and place around
the area that tape will go on.  Try to avoid where the softset will be
 3.  After that dries, he puts down a Tegaderm (allergic to other tapes).
 4.  Inserts through Tegaderm
 5. Covers with Accuteck tape (comes with softset)