Re: [IP] My 3rd 507C in one year

In a message dated 8/22/00 9:24:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> tern Daylight Time,
>  email @ redacted writes:
>  >
>  >  I have only had it four months now.  I awoke to a no delivery alarm at
>  > four
>  >  in the morning.  After trying to clear and checking tubing, etc...I
> called
>  >  MM.  After telling the tech what I already checked and her "walking me
>  >  through"  the rest of the tests, it was determined that after 15 no
>  delivery
>  >  alarms that my pump died.  Probable cause circuit board failure,
>  >  undetermined at this point.  Needless to say they sent a loaner...
> arriving
>  2
>  >  days later.  This really has me pissed off, especially after having
>  problems
>  >  for 2 years in a row with the last model.  MiniMed is turning into
> cracked
>  >  out junk IMHO.
>  I started pumping a year ago with the 507C.  I am on my third pump.  The
>  first lost time early on and was replaced with a new 507C.  The second
>  NO DELIVERY without any alarm going off. This happened three times.  I
>  received a loaner.  Three months later I heard nothing about getting my
>  back which I requested and when I called they couldn't find it.  Days
>  they mailed it to me but no explanation came with the pump explaining what
>  was found and what was done about the problem.  When I first sent it back
>  they assured me that I would get it back with a full explanation.  When I
>  called, they gave me the impression that they did not find a problem.  At
>  this point I had no choice but to keep the loaner.  I sent it  back with a
>  letter explaining what happened and my disappointment but have heard
>   One year and three pumps later and thousands of dollars spent I am not
>  dissatisfied with MM.
>  Kathie
>  I think there has been a misunderstanding here.  I realize that the pump
is a mechanical thing subject to error.  It doesn't matter if it is a D or MM
pump which has repeated problems but what the company does about it
especially in the first year after thousands dollars have been spent.  To
spend 5000.00+ and to only have the pump replaced with a new one during the
first 90 days is not enough.  I believe this time should be extended.
Something a lemon law?