Re: [IP] The Newbie's Tales of Set Changes

At 08:45 AM 8/24/00 -0500, you wrote:
The dumbest thing I have done is again, related to tape.  I had a set all
prepared: the reservoir ready, tubing primed, skin
>prepped, then I put the set into the softserter, and I injected it WITHOUT
TAKING THE PAPER OFF the adhesive on the underside of the
>wing-things.  I felt like a real idiot removing and reinserting that one.
I have learned what works for me though.
>Sherry C. from the massive city of Bowling Green, KY
>Still working on that tape problem.

Howdy Sherry!
	I, too, have done the "do everything, including injecting, but don't
remove the paper, and having to yank it out and re-insert" thing!  Felt a
little "DUHHH" but it makes you remember to pay attention next time!  Just
don't feel like an idiot.  We have quite a few things to remember while
changing a site, along with the anticipation of "will it hurt, sting, make
me pass out".  Just chalk your experience up to that... experience!
	Remember that doing all this REALLY beats having to stick yourself with a
needle, hitting a nerve, having it bleed and mess up your clothes!
	I have been pumping since June 30, 2K and couldn't be HAPPIER!!!!
	Take care!
		Bill McKibben