RE: [IP] Mini Med

Sherry Webb Nolan [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> At the support group I go to there is a member that had so
> much trouble with
> his Disetronic that he switched to a MM.

I hope we're not gearing up for another pump war, here.  All three
manufacturers make good devices that work most of the time.  I would also
guess that all three have about the same failure rate.

Quality Control/Quality Assurance (QA/QC) does *NOT* mean no error,
failures, flaws, etc.  It mean keeping them to an acceptable level,
acceptable being defined by a combination of factors including manufacturing
cost, repair cost, customer satisfaction, etc., etc.  I don't know what
QA/QC requirements are for them to be approved for sale in the United States
by the FDA, but my guess is that the failure rate has to be pretty low --
not zero.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted

the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the United States Public
Health Service or any other agency of the United States government.