[IP] Flu shots

> Brian F. Buchanan wrote:
> > Our son Nate took the flu shot last year.  Be
> > prepared for two shots, though.  The first year Nate had to
> > take the flu shot twice. (one month apart)  His doctor said
> > this would be one shot a year there after.
Then Jim Handsfield replied:
> Your doctor is misinformed.  I know of no reason that there should be
> multiple immunizations for flu.
> For more information about influenza and vaccines, visit

We are probably dealing with one of the *old time* doctors here like the
anesthitist who though the pump delivered mealtime boluses on its own. They
did at one time. The medical personnel just didn't keep up-to-date. When I
was pg in '62 I had a flu shot and got flu and was hospitalized in DKA. The
OB said I needed 2 the first time. We're talking 38 years ago, though.
Things have improved. The baby had severe problems but is doing well
today. - That was ONE shot of NPH/Reg a day as well as DBI pills that were
removed from the market. No home BGs - no A1cs.