From: Sherry Compton <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000 8:45 AM
Subject: [IP] The Newbie's Tales of Set Changes

> I have officially been on the pump for nine days now, and I have learned a
lot about set changes.  Most of my problems have been caused
> by tape.  I had one set that had to be changed after one day (I mowed the
yard and got so sweaty that the tape peeled like a banana). I
> have yet to leave a softset in for the three days--but today is the third
day on my current one and I am hoping to set my own record by
> evening. The dumbest thing I have done is again, related to tape.  I had a
set all prepared: the reservoir ready, tubing primed, skin
> prepped, then I put the set into the softserter, and I injected it WITHOUT
TAKING THE PAPER OFF the adhesive on the underside of the
> wing-things.  I felt like a real idiot removing and reinserting that one.
I have learned what works for me though.  To make one stick for
> more than a day and a half, I use both pieces of tape in the package.  I
use the supersticky one on first, then put the one with the
> yellow backing on over that. I have no idea what they are called.
> And DO use a safety loop.  My curious little dog almost yanked mine out
the other day with her sharp little toenails.
> I still wish I had a third hand when it comes to taping those suckers
down, but things are going pretty well.  Of course I am still
> working on my basals (1.1 all day except from 3 AM to 7 AM 1.5 ), but so
far I haven't had many highs.  Most days I stay pretty steady.
> The only thing that worries me is that I don't feel the lows coming as
well anymore. They are sneaky!  But hopefully we will adjust them
> away soon.
> That's where I'm at right now.  Someday maybe I will be as wise as Bob
Bennin and others.