[IP] Joslin 50 year award

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000 Mary Jean Renstrom <email @ redacted> wrote:

>Does anyone know what the Joslin clinic requires you to submit for the 50
>year award?

I actually got a 25 year award from Joslin a year or two ago when I  sent them
the paperwork to get registered for 50 years (I was then 35 or 36 years
diabetic, but you know how procrastination is).

I was able to get my records from office of Dr that diagnosed me in '61
(amazing they still had the hand written notes that many years later as I
havent seen this doctor in over 30 years) but Joslin told me that two
relatives who could write that they remember when you were diagnosed would be
accepted (they have some kind of form that you have to get the relatives to
fill out but I don't remember it being very complex).

I just called the main Joslin number and asked to speak to the person in
charge of 50 year silver key award.  The woman they put me in touch with (who
is in charge of it) was very very nice and helpful but I'm sorry I don't
remember her name or number.

If there is any other way I can help in this (like finding my paperwork that I
actually made copies of so that I can get you address and/or number) please
let me know.

Yerachmiel Altman

 The opinions expressed here are mine and no one elses.

 If you like them you have my permission to use them as
 long as my wife gets credit for any good ideas (who I
 probably got them from in the first place)