RE: [IP] Flu shots

Brian F. Buchanan [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Our son Nate took the flu shot last year.  I recommnd you do it.  Be
> prepared for two shots, though.  The first year Nate had to
> take the flu
> shot twice. (one month apart)  His doctor said this would be
> one shot a
> year there after.  If you have any more questions let me know.

Your doctor is misinformed.  I know of no reason that there should be
multiple immunizations for flu.  By the second month, the immunization (in
case the first one didn't "take") would be too late in the flu season to be
effective.  The immunization needs to be annual because the strains are
different each year based on the previous year's history in Asia where most
strains originate.  For more information about influenza and vaccines, visit

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted

the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the United States Public
Health Service or any other agency of the United States government.