Re: [IP] Joslin 50 year award

>Does anyone know what the Joslin clinic requires you to submit for the 50
>year award? My aunt will have had 50 years on insulin in a few months, and
>she is interested in this award. However, the doctor she saw at the time
>has long since died (no surprise) and she doesn't think she has any records
>to prove that she went on insulin 50 years ago. Will they accept letters
>from family and friends who knew her at the time?

I went through a very similar situation about 5 years ago. I got a letter
from my current endocrinologist and from my sister who was 6 years old when
I was dx. They will definitely accept letters from family and friends who
knew her at the time. Start by contacting Joslin to be sure of their current