Re: [IP] Kinking of soft set infusion lines

In a message dated 8/23/00 6:30:15 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> I anyone else having problems with the soft-set QR tubings  kinking and
>  causing  no  delivery alarms.  I have been getting these with every set
>  I have used from my current box.  There is no problem with my pump.

I had it happen once, while I was sleeping.  Well, actually it happened
twice, but it was the same set two nights in a row.  I think there was
something abnormal with that set.  The tubing managed to double back on
itself and kinked when it was pressed against my leg.  I didn't get the "no
delivery" alarm until I tried to bolus for the high.  The 3rd night, I coiled
the tubing up so that it couldn't do the same thing again.  The tube coiling
seemed to do the trick.  However, I haven't had any problem with kinking
since and have not continued with coiling the tubing.

T1 30 years, mm508 since 07/10/00