[IP] Joslin 50 year award

Does anyone know what the Joslin clinic requires you to submit for the 50
year award? My aunt will have had 50 years on insulin in a few months, and
she is interested in this award. However, the doctor she saw at the time
has long since died (no surprise) and she doesn't think she has any records
to prove that she went on insulin 50 years ago. Will they accept letters
from family and friends who knew her at the time?

BTW, she's in the process of getting a pump now that medicare covers them.
I went over to her house last night and showed her all my "pump stuff"
including carb counting book and scale. I also inserted a new silhouette
while she watched, and now she's much less intimidated.

Mary Jean
IDDM 10 years, pumping 3.5 years