[IP] here comes da fudge

Kathie wrote
> looked it up in my carb book and bolused for it.  I was in the
> 200's two hours later and it keep rising.  I adj. for it but it
> hardly budged for some time.  Was it the fudge or the
> protein in the ice cream?

Did you have the EXACT quanitity specified in the carb book?  I would bet it
was the FAT in the ice cream (of which there is more than there is protein,
in most cases) slowing down the absorbption of the carbs...  Or perhaps you
mised the timing...If you use Humalog and bolused just before you ate it, the
H was peaking before what you ate was getting into the blood...

My suggestion is to try it again.....