[IP] Removing a Tender

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove the tape around a Tender.  I
changed mine for the first time and I had a very difficult, painful time
trying to remove the tape.  I was surprised to find skin still underneath!
Any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated!

Debi and Baby (Thought this would be a great name since she's always on my
hip and gets me up every 3 hours at night!)
IDDM 20 years
pumping 6 days