[IP] 8/23/83-8/23-00

Today is my 17th anniversry of wearing an insulin pump!! I am using #4 since
3/99 - and anyone who wants to see my *monster* pump I got hooked up with,
it can be accessed through my website where it says PHOTOS. It was a
CPI/Lilly (Cardiac Pacemakers Inc.) #9100 pump that delivered in whole units
only. The second one (6 weeks later) was the size of a king-size pack of
cigarettes and you could recall the last bolus. It delivered insulin so
quickly it was painful to infuse 6u so I could break it up in 3 & 3 with a 3
minute delay. The trouble was, I sometimes forgot when looking at the last
bolus recall if it was the first 3 units or the second 3. No clock at all. I
used that one 9 years - CPI/Lilly Betatron II #9200. It will be on my BASH
Our *choice* (not choices) was a straight needle that we bent ourselves. I
started with Lilly Regular beef/pork insulin, got too many infections (3) so
endo changed me to Velosulin pure pork. Then it was buffered for pumps - and
the *human* kind came out later. I have been using Humalog since Christmas,
We come a long way! Someday the *new* CGMS (Continuous Glucose
Monitoring System) will be much more sophisticated, too!