[IP] How long do you leave in infusion sets?

I'm a 2 1/2 day silhouetter.  Although I try to hold
out for 3 days, it usually doesn't happen (site gets
itchy and pinchy).  Also if I've been working-out a
lot (running), my site tends to get redder quicker.
Sometimes, a strip of IV tape over the insertion spot
helps the comfort level last a wee bit longer and it
seems to be less red.  It seems to really depend on
your own level of comfort. Just remember, you are
puncturing your skin, and it therefore becomes a weak
spot...a potential entry point for infection.  Be
careful and clean (said with a big pearly white grin
and a little "ding" in the background). -Alecia

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail  Free email you can access from anywhere!