Re: [IP] Carb counting?

Carrie, at even 2 h after bolusing, you might still have half your bolus
yet to come.  The important time to measure is at about 4 hours post bolus.
We can eat candy if we want, but it will always get into the blood much
much faster than the Humalog.   There's no way around this other than an IV
bolus.  Next time you get a craving take the bolus at least a half hour
prior to eating the candy.  Or donuts, etc.

> When you were 122, ate the 18 pieces of licorice  and then tested and were
> 232, how long after eating the candy were you 232?  If it was an hour
> you may be coming back down to normal as the humalog bolus of 3 continues
> do its job!
> Kelly

<<<<<<<<<<Yes it was only 1 hour later but when i check again right before
which was an hour after that it was only down to 208 ( so that was 2 hours
after i had eaten the twizzlers). Any ideas?  Any more advise would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you