[IP] Heart Disease

Since one of the major complications of diabetes is heart disease, for which
we are all at great risk.  And those of us with high cholestrol or family
history at even greater risk, I wonder how many of us, particulary women,
are taking a cholesterol lowering drug?

My doctor put me on one, as he said, because of the much greater risk for
diabetics, and some family history of heart disease.   He said, even though
without the diabetes I was in good health, and my cholesterol levels were
right on the borderline of high, he wanted to treat me aggressively.   I
have read so much about how these "statin"?? drugs, Zocor, Pravachol, etc.,
not only seem to prevent heart attacks and strokes, but also, should you
have one, they are of a much lesser degree than without the drugs.
Further, I have read that many doctors forget about using this as a
preventative measure, particularly for women.  This is something we all need
to talk with our docs about.
What do y'all think?
Bonnie Richardson