Re: [IP] My 3rd 507C in one year

In a message dated 8/22/00 3:01:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  I have only had it four months now.  I awoke to a no delivery alarm at
> four
>  in the morning.  After trying to clear and checking tubing, etc...I called
>  MM.  After telling the tech what I already checked and her "walking me
>  through"  the rest of the tests, it was determined that after 15 no
>  alarms that my pump died.  Probable cause circuit board failure,
>  undetermined at this point.  Needless to say they sent a loaner...arriving
>  days later.  This really has me pissed off, especially after having
>  for 2 years in a row with the last model.  MiniMed is turning into cracked
>  out junk IMHO.

I started pumping a year ago with the 507C.  I am on my third pump.  The
first lost time early on and was replaced with a new 507C.  The second gave
NO DELIVERY without any alarm going off. This happened three times.  I then
received a loaner.  Three months later I heard nothing about getting my pump
back which I requested and when I called they couldn't find it.  Days later
they mailed it to me but no explanation came with the pump explaining what
was found and what was done about the problem.  When I first sent it back
they assured me that I would get it back with a full explanation.  When I
called, they gave me the impression that they did not find a problem.  At
this point I had no choice but to keep the loaner.  I sent it  back with a
letter explaining what happened and my disappointment but have heard nothing.
 One year and three pumps later and thousands of dollars spent I am not very
dissatisfied with MM.