[IP] Re: Weight Gain--Whining in Colorado

I was on the pump for seven years and never
significantly gained weight, and was always curious
about why some people were cconcerned about it when
considering pump therapy. Then, about 18 months ago, I
quit smoking, knowing that some extra pounds, due to
change in metabolism and a tendency to eat more during
withdrawal, could be expected with that. But I was
assured that it would "level out" and mostly reverse
itself with time. But WHAM! I gained about 20 pounds
during the first 3 months, and have not significantly
lost or gained any weight since then. It has occurred
to me only recently that the smoking cessation
coincided very closely with my switching from
Velosulin to Humalog...Does anyone know if there's any
reason there could be a connection here?

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail  Free email you can access from anywhere!