Re: [IP] Re: Eating out

In a message dated 8/19/00 10:35:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  I didn't know why
>  before, but I have always had to bolus more for restaurant meals than
>  home made.  Are these meals more loaded with  carbs, sugar, fat?
I also have to take much more insulin for restaurant meals.  If I just
bolused for the carbs in restaurant meals, I would have terrible highs
afterward.  Even talking extra for fat and protein still isn't enough
sometimes.  When I say fat and protein, keep in mind that I never eat cheese,
rarely eat beef and I have had ice cream about five times in the last seven
years.  I guess it is the hidden fats in restaurant meals and larger protein
portions we have when we eat out.  I have never been very successful with
figuring for fat and protein.