Re: [IP] Hot fudge again!

> I now remember that I have seen posts regarding hot fudge.  I never
> ate the stuff and therefore did not pay any attention.  Well, I lost
> my mind yesterday and had a hot fudge sundae at Dairy Queen.  Pure
> disaster.  I looked it up in my carb book and bolused for it.  I was
> in the 200's two hours later and it keep rising.  I adj. for it but
> it hardly budged for some time.  Was it the fudge or the protein in
> the ice cream?

Slightly off topic, but you can make a very well "controlled" hot
fudge sauce at home.

By volume, measure
2 parts chocolate chips  -- carbs on the bag
1 part milk

simmer in a pan until you can stir it all together and it is creamy
with no lumps left.

2/3 cup CC's and 1/3 cup milk make enough for 4 good servings or two
very generous ones. The carbs aren't bad either.