[IP] Hot fudge again!

I now remember that I have seen posts regarding hot fudge.  I never ate the
stuff and therefore did not pay any attention.  Well, I lost my mind
yesterday and had a hot fudge sundae at Dairy Queen.  Pure disaster.  I
looked it up in my carb book and bolused for it.  I was in the 200's two
hours later and it keep rising.  I adj. for it but it hardly budged for some
time.  Was it the fudge or the protein in the ice cream?