Re: [IP] Carb counting?

Carrie wrote:

>>Thank you for helping me out and as you can tell from my b/s numbers i
probably be asking for more advice once i decide to get really crazy and try
a piece of cake, lol.<<

Even though I don't have trouble with cake, I've heard other pumpers say
that figuring cake is hard, actually it's not the cake, but the icing...
*grin*  Good luck, you'll get the hang of it soon enough.  :o)

As far as going from 122 to 232 after eating the candy and bolusing 3u for
it, how are your basals?  If you're still working on basals perhaps the
basal is still off?  I find that I can eat all sorts of things and with most
food as long as I figure the carb amount right, my bg is fine afterwards.
For instance, today I started at 91, ate 4 small cookies, bolused 1.5u for
them and was 88 after.  It does work, once you get it all figured out.
Don't worry, it took me at least 2 months to get things smoothed out.  I've
been pumping for 3 months now, and I'm really happy with it, and it's
working great for me.  Much better than shots.