Re: [IP] Carb counting?

A small reccommendation, if you must eat the high glycemic index candy, take
the bolus about 5-10 minutes before you eat it. The rapid acting sugars are
affecting you. CHO's are not all the same, and even in my 1940's joslin
diabetes manual, he points out the speed at which the various carbs get into
the system.
"Lettuce....as slowly as a child creeps
Oatmeal and breads....as a child walks
candy and cakes...as fast as a child runs......."
Think about the speed at which the 'carbs' are going in.
Pommy Mommy.
Jenny S.