[IP] Tye I or Type 2

If you no longer make ANY insulin, and it's due to an autoimmune
reaction, you were never a Type 2 in the first place.

In my experience Many type 2 diabetics develop islet cell failure and
become type 1. In order to determine if it is auto immune you need to do
anti GAD-65 antibodies. I'm not sure of the clinical implications. Since
there is nothing to do about it anyway. Once you have IDDM it is forever
(sniff). Spot and Christine
A Bender, M. D.