[IP] Re: Getting a Pump

Hello Mark
I have been on Blue Cross since I was born 25 years ago. They have not ever
given me or my parents any trouble with Diabetes supplies or related
expenses, they have been paying faithfully for 18+ years. I had no trouble
getting BC to cover my Disetronic last November. I too had a great A1C when I
sought to end injections (5.4).  What you need is a supportive Endo who will
write a good letter of neccesity and will work with BC to show them that this
is in their best interest as well as yours. The whole process took three
months from initial request to my being on the pump. Good luck! I love the
Smile:) Michelle T