[IP] Re: To Sara and any one else who has a similar point of view

Hello Sara
Since I get the digest version of this list...this is a little late...and you
hit hard on a very very touchy issue for me!
I ALMOST DIED FROM ANOREXIA AND NOT DIABETES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CAN NOT SIT BY AND SEE PEOPLE SUGGESTING THAT MORE PRESSURE SHOULD BE PUT
ON SMALL FEMALE CHILDREN WHO ARE DIABETIC!
THE RATE OF EATING DISORDERS AMONG THIS GROUP HAS GONE UP TEN FOLD IN THE
PAST TEN YEARS. THE ATTITUDE OF TOUGH LOVE HAS KILLED SEVERAL OF MY
FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE DIE FROM THE COMBINATION OF DIABETES AND EATING DISORDERS
SO MANY TIMES NOT BECAUSE THEY DID NOT WANT HELP BUT RATHER BECAUSE THEIR
FAMILIES AND DOCTORS DID NOT HAVE A CLUE! MY BLOOD IS BOILING AND I REALLY
WISH TO PORTRAY THE CONCEPT THAT BEING HARD ON A CHILD ONLY LEADS TO LONG
TERM EMOTIONAL SCARS. I AM ALIVE AND HEALTHY BUT CAN NOT THANK THE MEDICAL
PROFESSION OR MY DADS DENIAL, BUT RATHER MY COMPASSIONATE MOTHER.
I HAVE WRITTEN SEVERAL ARTICLES ON THIS SUBJECT. I WILL BE INTEGRATING MY
DIABETES AND EATING DISORDER RESEARCH INTO MY DOCTORAL DISSERTATION AND
RELATED RESEARCH. PLEASE TREAD GENTLY ON THE TENDER SOUL OF YOUR CHILD.
I AM VERY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!
:) MICHELLE T