[IP] Re: Eating out

>Specifically, you estimate a bolus, eat the food, test your BGL, and do
better bolus next time.  Gotta keep records, but it works a whole lot
than staring at a plate of food and hoping that intuition will give you

What I have noticed, is that if I estimate what the grams would be, in
comparison to what I would eat at home, where I can get a precise count,
is that any restaurant meal will be much, MUCH higher than comparable
portions.  It seems that it is not the same for every restaurant, or
fast food joint, but that it is always true to some extent.  I have
recently received a pamphlet that tells what not to eat.  One of the
entries is that Burger King fries are much higher in sodium and,
especially, calories (carbs) for the same size order.  I didn't know why
before, but I have always had to bolus more for restaurant meals than
home made.  Are these meals more loaded with  carbs, sugar, fat?

Is this true for everyone?
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."
 - Robert Kennedy

"Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly."
 - John F Kennedy