[IP] Re: FIve and sneaking food!

Hello Kevin
I am going on my soap box....Please use caution with trying so hard to scare
your daughter about sneaking food. It sounds like she already has issues
around food and making food an even bigger issue will only increase the odds
that in 5-10 years she will develop a serious eating disorder. If your Endo
will work with you try to get your daughter to tell you before she takes a
treat...at least then you can make sure he gets a bolus for what she will eat
any way. Try to downplay the off limit feel to food because all the clinical
data says that this mentality quadruples the likelihood of Anorexia, Bulimia,
or a Diabetic specific eating disorder developing in adolescence.
As someone recovering from ANorexia and having been diabetic for over 18
years I am super sensitive to this subject. Please save your daughter from
living the nightmare so many young diabetic women have had to live through as
adolescents with eating disorders.
I hope I have not offended.
Smile Michelle T