Re: [IP] amount of insulin

> From: email @ redacted
> Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 01:18:51 EDT
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] amount of insulin
> Jim asked:
>> Is it possible that those (at least some) who lost weight after
>> going on the pump are taking substantially more insulin while
>> on shots?
> I think I went from about 40 units a day to about 30-33

I also dropped my total amount of Insulin quite a bit. When I was on shots,
I was at around 43 units per day. Now, with the pump, I am at 34 units
(average day). I've been pumping for 2 1/2 months and have lost a little
weight (about 4 pounds). I think the difference is that 1) I am far more
conscience about the food I am eating and 2) My BG range is much tighter -
so I am not getting as many lows so I'm not getting that extra food to

Do You Yahoo!?