Re: [IP] Re: the pump and weight loss/gain

email @ redacted wrote:

> i gained five pounds when first going on the pump.  with hard work, i have
> now gone back to my "normal" weight.  i have to eat substantially LESS than i
> did prior to the pump.
> i write every little thing down and find it frustrating, but the joy of the
> pump is that i CAN diet and/or skip a meal if i need to without going low.
> currently on 1500 calories per day but average about 1300.
> i dance (i guess it's aerobic - i used weights on my arms and this awful,
> loud dance music) every other day.  i have learned not to "pig out" on those o
> reos that you mentioned on here - LOL - b/c pigging out makes me feel just
> too sick!
> it's fascinating to see that so many on here have LOST WEIGHT with the pump;
> i just can't see it, since every calorie is covered with insulin, whereas
> with the shots, some highs + ketones would naturally cause us to lose weight!

I am guessing that there are quite a few who were "taking too much" insulin while
on shots based on comments about no longer having to eat for the lows.... or not
being able to skip meals because of lows... or eating to bring up lows.....

Is it possible that those (at least some) who lost weight after going on the pump
are taking substantially more insulin while on shots?

Jim S.