[IP] carb counting, basal bolus rates and too much life

Congrats on baby girl and sorry to hear about the difficulties with work
scheduling, baby and preparing meals. I have 21 month old son - also very

Breakfast - Have had good results with Eggo brand frozen waffles. Not sure
about other Eggo breakfast foods. Also like cheerios, instant oatmeal (with
natural applesauce or spread is easy and good) Do you have trouble measuring
how much to eat? Probably lots of additives in waffles, but if it is only for
a while till things let up I don't think it bad . Sat. fat I think was low
and Eggo nutri-grain waffles have fiber (not sure if it is soluble fiber, but
you can check). They had like exactly 30 gms or so(31, 32) carb, which was
helpful to me. Very fast. My son likes frozen waffles, too, and mini pancakes.

Lunches - We eat a lot of sandwiches. I buy packaged 100% whole wheat bread
when I can, so I can feel better about eating bread with soluble fiber. It is
more expensive,  but haven't had bg problems with most of the wheat breads as
long as I read the label and bolus for it. There are some light wheat breads
that have done O.K. with, but don't know about fiber content (soluble or
not). Son likes grilled (ham &) cheese, P&J... which I think is O.K. If you
like dairy (and have a cooler) maybe some yogurt,  cheeses, cottage
cheese...Salads with chick peas or beans, cheeses on top. Sandwich on the
side if you like cold cuts, tuna, etc. Maybe grill chicken on weekend and
freeze if like chicken. Maybe cook roast and freeze several servings at once.
We haven't had time in summer.

Dinners are tough and hardest for me. Crock pot helps a lot when can't use
grill( with roasts. Let me know if need recipes w/ carb info) You could throw
in some of those veggies you said are good in your area. Interested in what
you hear.  Probably worthwhile to get a book of carb values. I need a better
one. Variety is not the spice of life in our house. We rely on few favorites
these days and cook on the grill. Hope this helps a little.

Beth H & Oscar