Re: [IP] new pumper frustrations

In a message dated 8/18/2000 1:58:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  It also sounds like maybe
>  you're not getting your boluses figured right.  That might account for
>  after eating certain foods and after meals.  Good luck... :o)
Thing is I've been measuring everything...and using a gram scale rather than
measuring cups whenever possible.  The soy protiens are NOT a matter of
failure to account for the nutritional content unless they are somehow
mislabeled...but basically anything with textured vegetable protien (like a
veggie burger) sends me to the roof.  Why though would I need such a
different carb ratio with this particular food?  It's not high in fat and I
bolus 1.8 for the 18 carbs (I'm on a 1:10 ratio) ...seems to be something
with the 23g protien...I still don't understand whether protien requires any
insulin consideration and if so how??  Otherwise my ratio works quite well
unless I eat out and don't know the exact content of the food (which is going
to happen I guess because living in Manhattan where kitchens are smaller than
small midwestern bathrooms...it just isn't always possible to cook LOL).