[IP] I'm all hooked up!

Hi,

I'm sitting here in my chair with great posture because I'm wearing my pump
for the first time and am afraid I might move and dislodge the thing!  I've
had my pump on for 1 1/2 hrs.  I just wanted to let anyone who is worried
about inserting the Tender infusion sets(Disetronic) not to worry, they
really don't hurt and the needle isn't that big!  I don't know about anyone
else but I was petrified of inserting this thing and pulling out the needle
to leave the cannula in.  My Pump educator was wonderful. Walked me through
everything and I started right on insulin.  It really does help to watch
those videos and read the manuals before you have your first visit.

I had lunch and bolused accordingly.  Now I'm waiting to do my aftermeal
test.  I've heard so many wonderful things about pump therapy and I can't
believe I'm doing it!  I'm sure you'll be hearing more from me.  It's great
to know you have alot people who can help you with the ups and downs!

Debi
IDDM - 20 yrs.
pumping 1 hr. 45 min.!!!!!!